We celebrate a lot of things in life. Birthdays, anniversaries, promotions….celebrating is important, to pause and to allow the chaos of life – which demands that we always move forward – to stop as we remember something beautiful, something that matters. To be frank, I’m not good at this…my mind always processing the “next” task that needs to be done.
Today on its 1st anniversary, I remember the book – Doing Good Is Simple. I remember the process of:
- Writing and editing – so many hours, so many fears.
- The first time I held the book in my hands.
- The book launch party in Austin, Northwest Arkansas and Raleigh.
- The multiple stories of those who read it; the tears they shed and the stories they told.
- The meals served to kids around the world, all because YOU bought the book!
A book is only successful when the tribe surrounding it chooses to read it and talk about it. Its because if you, the reader, that this book has done so well, and for that I am truly grateful.
I believe wholeheartedly that doing good can be simple and significant. This little book can help inspire a group of people to be good neighbors, to love big, to be action-oriented, and to leave the comforts of the couch and get out into the highways and byways of life to make a tangible difference – to live an others-focused life.
I need you to help spread the news, ONE MORE TIME! Thankfully, the book is on sale right now for only $2.99 via Kindle and the print edition is under $7.
1) Share -> www.doinggoodissimplebook.com
2) Buy a copy for you or a few friends -> www.amazon.com/Doing-Good-Simple
3) Post a photo on Instagram or Facebook with the book and use the hashtag #DoingGoodIsSimple to be entered into a drawing to win a Doing Good Is Simple gift bag!