COME AND VISIT THE COMMUNITIES WHERE WE INVEST
On a typical Mission Trip, participants feel a sense of accomplishment…afterward, they talk about what they DID and who they HELPED. On a Help One Now Pilgrimage, participants feel a sense of tension and unrest…afterward, they talk about what they LEARNED and what they HOPE to accomplish moving forward. They become advocates. The end of the trip becomes a starting line.Lamar Stockton
HELP ONE NOW LEARNING JOURNEYS
OUR TRIPS PHILOSOPHY
The Help One Now ethos is to remain invisible in our communities and focus our efforts on resourcing key leaders instead. For this reason, we don’t typically do “mission trips,” as they can be a distraction to the communities in which we serve.
Instead, we will lead a limited number of Learning Journeys for committed, long-term supporters of Help One Now (Church Partners, Child Sponsors, Foundation members, and Love Hope Partners) each year. On these Journeys, emphasis will be placed on connecting with a community, building deep relationships with the local leaders, and brainstorming how you can unlock your human capital to partner together and support their work back home.
ON A LEARNING JOURNEY
- we hope that you will meet and fall in love with our local leaders and the children they serve
- learn from our local leaders by hearing their stories and engaging in their communities. Doing this helps us, the visitors, understand theunique issues in different environments
- see the impact of our projects firsthand and gain a new understanding of how complex working in these communities can be
- understand how short-term mission trips can actually do more harm than good if approached with the wrong intentions
- be advocates of the country, people and orphans that you meet when you return home. You are the tribe; we need you to run with these stories and partner with us to make an impact
Help One Now empowers families in developing countries through high-capacity local leaders with proven solutions to end extreme poverty.