The Director of Marketing will lead Help One Now’s marketing and communications strategy using content that elevates our reputation as an International non-profit organization and increases revenue. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled communicator who can convey new and compelling content through print and electronic media in alignment with HON’s mission and core values. This position reports to the CEO and will work in Help One Now’s main office in Raleigh, NC.
About the organization
Help One Now is a non-profit organization established in 2009. We empower families in developing countries with proven solutions to end poverty. We believe that through job creation, education, health care and spiritual development, communities can be transformed. Our team comes alongside local leaders to do this challenging work together, and we’re a team of people who know the impact our work can have and aren’t scared to get our hands dirty.
This work environment requires someone that is a self-starter, confident, responsible, reliable, enthusiastic, and goal-oriented. The individual must be flexible in a rapidly-changing work environment and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Develop, execute, and manage a marketing strategy to advance HON’s brand identity, broaden awareness of our programs and priorities, and increase organizational visibility and connection with key audiences
- Lead collaboration across all teams to ensure consistent voice, messaging and identity throughout the organization and across all platforms.
- Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience
- Lead the strategy and execution of two major campaigns per year – a giving day and the end of year campaign, as well as smaller campaigns and initiatives
- Review and manage content across our web, email, and social media platforms to drive awareness and promote new followers and donors, engage current donors and friends, and attract strategic partners
- Manage the vision and voice of the brand of our Founder & CEO, engaging in relevant markets, book promotions, and speaking engagements
- Lead copywriting, content, and website design creation using WordPress
- Lead a weekly marketing/communication team meeting with internal staff
- Collaborate with the international storytelling team to strategize the best marketing of the stories of Help One Now
- Collaborate with consultants as needed for specific projects, campaigns, initiatives
- Bachelor degree in journalism, communications, marketing or similar field and five years or more of professional experience in the field of communications
- Experience developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and the media with staff
- Experience with public relations strategies and brand development standards
- 2+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Fluency in and experience with interpreting and reporting web analytics tools (Google Analytics), social media marketing applications (Hootsuite), and leading social media monitoring platforms
- Detail-oriented, with eagle-eye editing skills and keen sense of design and emerging trends
- Collaborative and creative, with contagious enthusiasm for marketing strategy and tactics
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and content design capabilities
- A knack for storytelling – knowing what makes for a good story, how to best draw people in and engage the audience
- Flexible and fun, with an enjoyment of creative problem-solving and desire to roll up sleeves to do whatever it takes
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills including strong interpersonal skills
Work Schedule and Compensation
This is an outstanding opportunity to lead communications efforts for a pioneering international nonprofit. This full-time (40 hours per week) position requires occasional weekend work and overnight travel.