I’m always asked how people can pray for HELP, which makes me happy. The Lord knows we need prayer deeply! Right now HELP has grown a lot, and we’re trying to keep up and take advantage of the momentum.
Here are some prayer requests:
1. Wisdom: I’m not kidding. We need God’s wisdom to lead well.
2. Pray for favor: We’re building a tribe of people who will help rescue orphans, restore their hope and renew their communities. Pray that God sends laborers to work on behalf of the global poor.
3. Pray for finances: We struggle daily with this need, but we’ve also made a lot of progress. Pray for:
– An up and coming fundraising project that will raise $30,000 in single donations, and 100 monthly partners for operational support.
4. Speaking the next two Sundays.
– Eastpoint Church in Delaware.
– Chinese Christian Church in Downtown Philly!
5. We’ve recently brought on two new staff members. Pray for unity, vision and productivity as we gel as a team.
6. Pray for upcoming trips to S. Africa/Zimbabwe. We need funds to get there.
7. Pray that we get connected to a key local Haiti partner that we can work with longterm. Specifically a church planting church, who loves and serves orphans.
8. Pray for our partners/friends on the ground:
– Steven and Amy Nicholson in Cape Town, SA.
– Pastor John and Orpha in Zimbabwe.
Also, please do us a favor, leave a comment that you’re praying. It’s always encouraging to know that people are seeking God on our behalf.